Alert your fridges -- pasta salad season is here. Whether you're headed to the beach, a friend's backyard or hosting a gathering yourself, this make-ahead dish is fabulous to keep on hand.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound dry penne pasta
- 1 cup sliced sugar snap peas
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped chives, optional garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, optional garnish
For the dressing:
- ¾ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (packed) basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons (packed) fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Califia Farms Extra Creamy Almondmilk
- Boil penne pasta in a large pot of well-salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, add all of the dressing ingredients in the order listed to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. Taste, and add additional salt as needed.
- Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water, and add to a large bowl.
- Add sliced sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, sliced celery, and capers to the pasta, then drizzle dressing over top.
- Toss everything until well-coated with the dressing.
- Garnish the salad with chopped chives and fresh basil and enjoy right away. If consuming later, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.