Forget time travel, these Soft Pretzel Bites are transporting us to mall kiosks and simpler days. This delicious snack is made with ingredients you likely already have on hand - keep scrolling for the full recipe!
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk, lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 packet instant rise yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8-9 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Vegan butter, melted (for brushing)
- Coarse salt, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, add the yeast, sugar, and Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk, stirring them together and letting the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes or until it slightly foams.
- Add in the flour and salt, and mix everything together. Using the dough hook attachment, knead the dough on medium-high speed until it’s smooth, adding more flour if it’s too sticky -- about 4 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil and add the kneaded dough. Let rise in a warm place for 20-25 minutes or until the dough about doubles in size.
- In a pot, add the water and baking soda together, bringing it to a boil.
- On a floured surface, cut the dough into roughly 12 pieces and add them to the boiling water in batches. With each batch, let the pretzel bites boil for about 20-30 seconds.
- Drain and transfer the pretzel bites to the prepared parchment paper. Continue until all 12 pretzel bites are complete. Brush the tops with melted vegan butter and bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, brush additional melted vegan butter (if desired), sprinkle with coarse salt, and serve immediately. Enjoy!