This Cinnamon Coffee Cake with Tart Cherry Glaze is a tongue-twister, but the flavors work even better together than on their own. Grab the recipe for this must-have breakfast (or dessert) below.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
For the crumb topping:
- ½ vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup Califia Farms Vanilla Oatmilk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Califia Farms Tart Cherry Lemonade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the crumb topping. Add ½ cup of melted vegan butter to a bowl, plus brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Mix together until mixture becomes clumpy. Add the bowl to the freezer.
- In a separate bowl, make the filling. Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Mix together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, or large bowl using a hand mixer, add melted vegan butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Add vegan sour cream, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and Califia Farms Vanilla Oatmilk. Continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients -- flour, kosher salt, and baking powder. Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Then, add the remainder of the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth, about 10-15 seconds. Be sure not to over mix.
- Using a 9-inch springform pan, spray the pan with oil and then sprinkle with flour to ensure that the cake does not get stuck to the pan. Alternatively, lay a piece of round parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
- Add half of the batter to the pan, then add all of the filling. Add the remainder of the batter on top of the filling. Batter may be thick, so use a spatula or spoon to ensure that the cake batter is spread evenly across the pan.
- Remove crumb topping from the freezer and sprinkle on top of the second layer of cake batter. Bake cake for 1 hour and 10-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool inside of the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- To make the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and Califia Farms Tart Cherry Lemonade. Drizzle on top of coffee cake.